Guided by our Safe and Reliable Healthcare SocioTechnical Framework© we measure culture using electronic surveys. We’ll help you with:
your staff to the appropriate work settings
scheduling, running, supporting execution
presenting results and insights
taking steps to address findings
Instruments we support: Integrated SCORE Survey, AHRQ SOPS
- Highest scientific validity measures of any survey in the field
- Integrated survey reduces cost and survey fatigue
- Replaces incomplete views into performance and resulting departmental silos, with the sharp insights into the drivers of high reliability, psychological safety and learning
- The field’s highest quality benchmark index with results indexed at the unit level
- SCORE survey platform provides diagnostic and actionable insights and automated reports
- Full Leapfrog accreditation enables maximum grade scoring
SCORE is an integrated survey of Safety, Communication, Organizational Reliability, Resilience/Burnout and Engagement, and provides in depth and actionable insights into organizational clinical and operational performance and risk. SCORE is administered to create detailed unit-level indicators, critical in 2016 where performance-based reimbursement incentives are challenging economic survival.
We developed SCORE in 2014, in partnership with Professor Bryan Sexton of The Duke Patient Safety Center, to address the fragmented approaches to culture analysis and improvement using traditionally siloed data on culture, engagement and burnout. SCORE is an advance over its predecessors (the SAQ and AHRQ SOPS surveys, developed respectively in 1994 and 2002) in that it incorporates profound new insights about the precursors of operational excellence. S&R’s founders were instrumental in establishing the SAQ in healthcare, played major roles in the development of the AHRQ HSOPS survey, and extensively used both instruments. Their experience has been applied to SCORE and made it the most robust survey instrument available in 2016.
Using experienced S&R staff, the survey has a rapidly expanding benchmark index with hospitals achieving very high survey response rates.
For more information on SCORE or our national collaborative with Duke to link culture with value, please click here.